Store Support Leadership
Support Center Retail Management Training: On-Site/Virtual Classroom Overview
Your support center supervisors—from buyers to planners and allocators, accounts payable, tax audit, merchandising, advertising, web and IT support, and legal, to name a few—are critical behind-the-scenes players on the retail team. With the ultimate purpose of supporting your stores and serving your customers, these leaders also:
- Perform triple roles of “Do,” “Manage,” and “Influence”
- Are more likely to develop technical skills than interpersonal skills
- Have specialized roles and responsibilities that create silos
- Lead associates who often work independently
- Have broad exposure to a wide range of people and teams
- Are successful as much for their leadership presence as their competence
SSL is retail management training designed with the specific interpersonal skills your support leaders need in mind, helping them improve departmental productivity through effective collaboration with other departments in the supply chain. In this interactive, scenario-based program, your leadership teams will learn practical strategies based on our industry research of best practices for retail leaders in support roles. Your sales/service and store management will gain new leadership skills and behaviors to communicate, build relationships, and work successfully across multiple channels and functions.
An Implementation Strategy Designed to Get Results
Lasting behavior change doesn’t come from a one-time training event. Our on-site and virtual retail management training includes easy-to-implement pre- and post-workshop tools and activities to ensure you get the greatest value from your training investments. Application modules addressing specific developmental needs of your target populations are also available as part of the SSL program. We will work with you prior to the training to select appropriate application modules based on your business and learning objectives.
Our eBook outlines 7 practical reinforcement strategies to help your participants internalize the learning and turn it into daily practice so they can get sustained performance results.
BEFORE THE WORKSHOP
- Everything DiSC® Style Survey: All participants complete this 15-minute pre-workshop, online survey. It provides participants with powerful insights about how they tend to communicate, what their strengths are in terms of how they connect with others, and the limitations that could keep them from being able to create strong relationships. These insights form the foundation for learning, application, and change.
- Senior Manager Training: To optimize the effectiveness of the training and connect it to specific cultural and behavioral standards, many clients choose to have their senior managers participate in a half-day version of the workshop or a full-day Executive Overview of the entire Store Support Leadership program. (Please note: Additional fees apply for senior manager training. Contact us for details.)
The Workshop: Part One
- The Role of the Leader. Uncover the characteristics of a “Best Boss.” Identify the range of roles a motivational manager must play. Learn how managers should implement effective strategies to motivate your workforce.
- Review of personalized 20-page Everything DiSC® report. Refine communication effectiveness, each according to his or her own style, throughout the session.
- Four Core Communication Skills. Learn and apply the four core communication skills to retail examples, including written exercises and group discussion.
- Focused Application: Facilitation of one application module of your choice (see list on next tab).
The Workshop: Part Two
Focused Application Modules: Available for implementation according to your target population’s specific business and learning objectives. Each module is 3 hours long.
- Setting Performance Expectations
- Improving Below-Standard Performance
- Delegating to Develop
- Coaching in Real-Time
- Influencing Internal Partners
- Communicating For Success
AFTER THE SESSION
Ongoing Change You Can Measure
Microlearning reinforcement: SSL+is a proven microlearning app for reinforcement that boosts application of the techniques taught in the training to a consistent 90% usage rate. Prompted through an initial e-mail alert, participants receive a training session-related question every day for 90 days. Average time spent on response is less than half a minute, yet this exercise keeps newly acquired skills and training concepts top of mind, delivering remarkable bang for the buck.
$850 per participant
Includes all participant materials, pre-workshop planning and consultation, workshop delivery by an experienced MOHR facilitator, and post-workshop follow-up and assessment. Producer fees for virtual sessions not included.