Retail Multiunit Leadership
District Leadership Training: Public Session Overview
Engage your busy retail leaders and ensure long-term retention and application. Retail Multiunit Leadership (RML) combines technology-based microlearning and online skill-building with interactive, real-life, scenario-based modules to jumpstart development and insight-building prior to the web-based or classroom training. This personalized, performance-based approach to learning is optimized for the realities of the modern retail environment and designed to deliver direct and measurable business impact.
During the web- or classroom-delivered workshop, your DMs will learn to align major company initiatives and their daily interactions with your stores to ensure everyone is on the same page and moving in the same direction. They’ll develop interpersonal skills and strategies to plan, communicate, motivate, and conduct store visits, all based on the leading practices learned from our surveys, interviews, and observations of some of the most productive and profitable retail multiunit leaders on the planet.
Your DMs will join colleagues from retailers from around the country in a public, open-enrollment format facilitated by MOHR Retail’s experienced facilitators to learn the skills and strategies required to lead from a distance—strategically.
MOHR’s District Manager Training Sessions are a great way to provide targeted development for a few new hires or newly promoted managers, or to experience MOHR’s expert approach firsthand before kicking off a broader implementation.
Our eBook outlines 7 practical reinforcement strategies to help your participants internalize the learning and turn it into daily practice so they can get sustained performance results.
BEFORE THE WORKSHOP
- Everything DiSC® Behavioral Survey: All participants complete this 15-minute pre-workshop, online survey. It provides participants with powerful insights about how they tend to communicate, what their strengths are in terms of how they connect with others, and the limitations that could keep them from being able to create strong relationships. These insights form the foundation for learning, application, and change.
- Prework Communication Skills: DMs complete a 20-30 minute set of reading and exercises prior to the session so that they can make specific, real-world connections to situations they currently face.
- The four “Achievement Cycle” factors. Use Goals, Insights, Skills, and Action to move from average to excellent.
- Flexing Leadership Roles. Adapt leadership and motivational approaches to the wide range of team needs using four different roles appropriate to the situation and individuals’ needs.
- My Plan for Results. Use this tool to help DMs prioritize and focus on what matters most over an entire year.
- Review of personalized 20-page Everything DiSC® report. Refine communication effectiveness, each according to his or her own style, throughout the training session.
- Master the four critical communication skills, regardless of style.
Motivate Managers with Below-Standard Performance. Practice skills and strategies on a real in-store problem using retail video models as a base. Practice scenarios and feedback—all while applying individually unique Everything DiSC® style insights and communication skills.
Coaching coaches. Learn, build and practice coaching skills and strategies to strengthen others’ leadership.
Maximize store visits. Explore the challenges of managing at a distance, plus learn how technology can help. Define what to do before, during, and after virtual or onsite store visits to ensure priorities are understood. Participants rehearse and get feedback in practice sessions using video scenarios.
AFTER THE WORKSHOP
Continuous Learning at Your Fingertips
Microlearning reinforcement: RML+ is a proven microlearning app for reinforcement that boosts application of the techniques taught in the web-based or classroom workshop to a consistent 90% usage rate. Prompted through an initial e-mail alert, participants receive four district manager training session-related questions each day for 90 days. Average time spent responding to each question is less than half a minute, yet it reinforces training concepts and keeps key skills and management tools top of mind. RML+ delivers remarkable bang for the buck. Clients report a direct link between consistent usage of the app and improved store performance.